Your health and safety, along with that of our site management
team, is our top priority as the impact of COVID-19 continues to be
felt around the world. Because of this, we have made updated
guidelines and procedures for our property as we navigate this
uncharted territory for the foreseeable future. A reminder –
all following bullet points are subject to change. As the
situation is ﬂuid and constantly evolving, we will continue to be
in close communication and will alert you as updates become
• Avoid contact with individuals who are sick.
• Avoid touching your mouth, nose, eyes.
• Wash hands frequently.
• Use hand sanitizer when soap is not available (Use 60-95%
• Follow guidelines from the CDC on coughing and sneezing
• Practice social distancing by staying home when possible and by
standing no closer than 6 feet from one another.
At this time, the office will no longer accept packages or
deliveries. Packages will now be delivered to your mailbox or
front door; however, if you’ve had a package delivered prior to
3/24/2020, you are still able to pick it up. Please call the
office to arrange your pickup time.
During this time we are moving to “emergency repairs only” which
are deﬁned below. In the event that our maintenance team must enter
your apartment, they will follow safety precautions by wearing
gloves which will be removed and changed and hands washed before
entering the next apartment. Please let our maintenance team
know if you are sick or experiencing symptoms before they enter
• Flood – an apartment ﬂood occurs, and residents are not able
to shut oﬀ water valves to water heater, toilet, kitchen sink or
• Toilet Malfunction – a toilet not operating and resident
unable to resolve issue with remote diagnostic support from
Maintenance team using online or phone access.
• No Heat – an apartment heating is not functioning, and the
sustained outside temperature is below 50 degrees for 48-hours or
• No Cooling – an apartment cooling is not functioning, and
the sustained outside temperature is higher than 85 degrees for 48
hours or longer.
• Critical Appliance Failure – a critical apartment appliance
is deﬁned only as a Refrigerator or Stove. Washing Machine &
Dryer will be deemed critical appliances with a failure extending
past 72 hours.
Our indoor amenity areas will be temporarily closed.
However, our computer lounge and study rooms will remain open
currently, though these rooms may be closed in the near
future. We recommend you bring your own wipes and wipe
anything down prior to usage.
• Capacity will be limited to no more than 1 person every 6
• Hand sanitizer will be available in this area
• Rooms will be cleaned daily
To reduce the transmission of the virus, our common areas will be
cleaned twice daily (morning and afternoon) or more if deemed
necessary. We recommend you bring your own wipes and wipe
anything down prior to usage.
As schools have moved to e-learning, shuttle service has been
• Currently, we will run a modiﬁed route to campus, though
this is subject to change and is dependent as to whether any oﬃces
or buildings are open on campus. The schedules will be
adjusted as needed, so continue to watch for updated
• Grocery runs – one in the morning; one in the
• Shuttles will require 6 foot social distancing for
passengers limiting the number of riders
• Shuttles will follow a wipe-down protocol after each route
on handles, poles and doors and will be thoroughly cleaned each
Self-Quarantine and Sick
It is possible at some point we may have residents who are
self-quarantined or have tested positive for the virus. We hope
that residents who ﬁnd themselves in this situation will follow the
recommendations of public health oﬃcials. We are not necessarily
notiﬁed of self-quarantines or illness in our community, but we
respect our residents’ privacy and unless directed to do so by
public health oﬃcials, we will not share information about
individual residents. If you have questions or concerns about your
health, we encourage you to contact your doctor or the health
For more information pertaining to WSU, click here: https://wsu.edu/covid-19/updates/